Janet Myers joined The Ohio State University in 1990 and was employed by the College of Medicine as Medical Secretary and Facility Manager for an office of five physicians. In 1995 she moved to the Office of Research and served as Administrative Associate to the Senior Vice President for Research until 2005. In addition to coordinating administrative activities for the Senior Vice President, she was responsible for organizing all Office of Research programs, including those affiliated with the Ohio Board of Regents. Beginning in July, 2005, she served as Assistant to the Dean of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences and held that position until joining the Department of Economics in 2009.
Responsibilities assigned to Janet Myers include the following:
- Faculty Recruiting – provide support to Search Committee
- Faculty Requests for Reimbursement (non-travel)
- Faculty Travel – travel requests and reimbursements
- Promotion and Tenure – prepare candidate files for submission to the College office
- Seminar Speaker Series – handle logistical arrangements and administrative duties associated with the seminar series
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S. Secondary Education/French