1. All applicants must apply online and pay the university application processing fee through The Ohio State University Office of Graduate Admissions.
2. The application deadline to be considered for financial support is November 30. All applicants must submit all required application materials by this deadline to be considered for admission with financial support.
3. All applicants must submit the following supporting application materials through their online application portal:
One set of official transcripts per institution, to be scanned and uploaded online for Graduate Admissions
Statement of purpose outlining your interest in economics, research and career goals. Generally, this should approximately 1 to 1.5 pages, assuming a 12-pt font, double-spaced.
Three (3) academic letters of recommendation *If submitted via postal mail, the letters must be received in a sealed envelope and written on original letterhead stationery. Emailed or hard copy recommendation letter submissions must be accompanied by the standard OSU Reference Form. It is acceptable if recommendation letters arrive later than November 30, provided the rest of the application is complete by that date. The goal should be to have all recommendation letters received by December 15.
Sample work such as research papers welcome, but not required
4. Use the following Test Score Reporting Codes for the GRE and TOEFL:
- University Code – 1592
- Department Code – 84 for TOEFL, 1801 for GRE
5. All applicants should monitor their application status via their student center in the Grad Admission portal