1. All applicants must apply online and pay the university application processing fee through The Ohio State University Office of Graduate Admissions.
2. The application deadline is November 30. Applicants must submit all required application materials by this deadline to be considered for admission with financial support. Recommendation letters may arrive a few days later, but all letters must be received by December 10.
3. All applicants must submit the following supporting application materials through their online application portal:
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) scores <Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Analytical Writing>
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores <International students only>
- One set of official transcripts per institution, to be scanned and uploaded online for Graduate Admissions
Statement of Purpose describing your economic research interests, related experience and career goals <Roughly 1 - 1.5 pages long in a 12-point font with line-spacing at 1.5-2.0>
Three (3) academic letters of recommendation <If submitted via postal mail, the letters must be received in a sealed envelope and written on original letterhead stationery. Emailed or hard copy recommendation letter submissions must be accompanied by the standard OSU Reference Form.>
Writing sample, such as a research proposal or paper <Optional>
4. Use the following Test Score Reporting Codes for the GRE and TOEFL:
- University Code – 1592
- Department Code – 84 for TOEFL, 1801 for GRE
5. All applicants should monitor their application status via their student center in the Grad Admission portal
6. QUESTIONS: All graduate admission inquiries should be directed to the Graduate Program Coordinator, Rick Tobin <firstname.lastname@example.org>