The ELC provides FREE peer tutoring in Economics. No appointment is needed; any student enrolled in an economics course here at OSU can come for tutoring and will be assisted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- 385 Arps Hall
- The ELC opens the second week of classes for Autumn and Spring Semesters, through the end of Finals.
- 9:00am-5:00pm, Mondays-Thursdays
- 9:00am-4:00pm, Fridays
- The ELC is closed on University Holidays and University-wide class-cancellations
What you can expect:
We can assist with ECON 2001, 2002, 4001, and 4002 by:
- Answering questions
- Reviewing concepts that may have been confusing in class
- Letting you practice your own work
- Providing you with strategies that will help you work independently
- We will make an effort to assist with other ECON courses, but each tutor’s abilities will vary.
What you should not expect:
- We cannot work your problems for you.
- We cannot serve as a substitute for your lecture or recitation.
- We cannot guarantee one-on-one tutoring for your entire visit; tutors will assist all students in the room and answer questions as needed.
- We cannot guarantee same-day assistance, such as an exam day or the day an assignment is due; come in before that time for maximum attention.
How to make the best of your time:
- You need to be prepared to direct the session by having questions and topics in mind prior to arriving.
- You should bring your course materials, including the class text as well as any notes.
- You should review your work prior to arriving so you know where you need the most help.