The Department of Economics is home to a chapter of the Economics Honor Society, Omicron Delta Epsilon, one of the world’s largest academic honor societies. Members of ODE participate in a wide range of activities from discussions of economic issues, social events, and community service. Applications for membership are accepted at the beginning of each fall and spring semester. The Omicron Delta Epsilon chapter at Ohio State welcomes Ohio State students with passionate interest for research, networking and excellence in the economic discipline.
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Applications for The Ohio State University's chapter of Omicron Delta Epsilon, the Honors Economics Society are accepted on a rolling basis. If you're interested please feel free to apply here and if you have any questions email email@example.com!
Benefits of Membership
- The right to wear Economics Honors Cords at graduation.
- A publication outlet for promising undergraduate and graduate student papers in The American Economist, the journal of Omicron Delta Epsilon.
- Closer professional and social relationships with fellow ODE members at OSU and opportunities to participate in research/internships.
- Eligibility to compete for the Frank Taussig and Irving Fisher Awards (both cash prizes and publication of essays).
- Eligibility to compete for the Outstanding Student Leader Award.
Autumn 2021 Executive Board
- President: Will Eaton, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President: Chris Walsh, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Matt Devis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Rudra Gandhi, email@example.com