Graduate Program Coordinator / Interim Building Coordinator
410D Arps Hall
1945 N. High St.
Rick Tobin joined the Economics Dept. in October 2012. Prior to his current role as Graduate Program Coordinator, Rick was the assistant to Department Chaired Professors John Kagel and Lung-fei Lee (2012-2014).
Rick’s duties include:
- Managing the graduate student admission process
- Maintaining graduate student records
- Assisting with graduate students' travel
- Assisting with the assignment of graduate students to teaching duties
- Completing semi-annual and annual program reports as requested
- Coordinating graduate student programs and events
- Assisting in the job market placement of current graduate students
- Updating webpages related to the graduate program
- Fostering collaborative partnerships with Ohio State offices and departments, external institutions and community partners to create recruitment opportunities